TrainingForce makes it easy to notify students when a change occurs in class location, date or time. This example describes how to set up a change notice for location.
For a quick video overview, go to our YouTube video.
From within TrainingForce Manager, go to System, Setup, Document Templates.
- Click on the “Create a New Document Template” button.
- Create the document that will be e-mailed to students (Class Location Change Notice). Remember that this should be a generic document template for all classes.
- Be sure you save the document template.
- Go to System, Event Categories and select “Class”.
- Click the “New Event Response” button.
- Select the appropriate event (Class Facility Change).
- Be sure the box for “Enabled” is checked.
- Select “Email document” from the drop-down menu.
- Type an appropriate description (Notify students of location change).
- Click “Save”. Additional tabs will appear on the information form.
- Click on the “Recipients” tab. Select “Party Affected” from the drop-down menu and click “Assign”.
- Click on the “Copy To” tab. Select “All Class Instructors” from the drop-down menu and click “Assign”.
- Click on the “Sender” tab and select the appropriate role and name, followed by “Assign”. This identifies the individual sending the e-mail.
- Click on the "Document" tab. In the subject field, type the information to appear in the subject line of the e-mail. Select the Document Type (Class, Other) and Document (Class Location Change Notice). Click "Save."