This document illustrates how to set up an audit trail for a typical event, in this case the deletion of a course. An audit trail can be set up for many TrainingForce events, depending on your training center’s specific needs.
For a quick video overview, go to our YouTube video.
- From within TrainingForce Manager, go to Admin, Event Categories.
- Select the appropriate event category from the list (Course).
- Click the button to add a “New Event Response”.
- Select the appropriate event from the drop-down list (Course record is deleted).
- Be sure the box next to “Enabled” is checked. If you want to defer enabling the event until later (for example, if you need to create document templates), remember to come back and enable it.
- Select “Write to Log” from the drop down list.
- Type an appropriate description (Someone deleted a Course).
- Click “Save”.
- To review the log, click on “Jobs” under the Related Links.
For some jobs, you may want to write the item to a log, but also e-mail details. In the Course Record Deleted example, you may want to email a Staff Member or other specific party. You can have more than one response for an Event.